Saturday, June 25, 2011

Leftover Magic - Mini Jam Tarts

All too often, partially used ingredients linger in the fridge or pantry until I force myself to figure out something to do with them.  The latest project I gave myself was to come up with a way to transform the dribs and drabs of leftover jam cluttering our fridge into something delicious.  Since there was not enough left of any one flavor to make any sort of full recipe, I had to do a little searching.  If I were a Jam-on-Toast kind of girl this never would have been an issue, but that type of breakfast just doesn't do it for me.  Mini Jam Tarts, I've discovered, are more my style.  This recipe comes from The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics. I didn't bother with the egg wash or any type of decorative cutouts.  I just made simple, round tarts using my silicone mini muffin pans and making them that size yielded two dozen, giving me plenty of opportunity to mix and match jam flavors.  I started with the end of a jar of black raspberry jam, then moved onto the end of a jar of peach jam, and finished off with some strawberry jam.  The possibilities are endless, especially when your grandfather-in-law makes (and shares) so many delicious flavors of homemade jam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment