Friday, June 17, 2011

Maple Roasted Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes

Now, this is definitely not a new recipe for me, but it is a easy, yummy one that I wanted to share.  I've been making this recipe for a few years now and it continues to be a regular favorite.  It comes together in a flash.  All you need to do is chop up the veggies (sweet potatoes, carrots, and onion), toss them into a baking dish with some maple syrup, salt, & pepper, top with chicken thighs and its ready to go in the oven.  Forty minutes later (with just a quick flip half-way through), and I've cleaned up the small handful of dishes I've used, my feet are up, maybe I'm even sipping some wine, and dinner is on the table.

This is what I call an "all-in-one" recipe - protein, veggies, & starch all together in one dish.  I always use a 13x9 baking dish and increase the amount of veggies, because they are so delicious and I just can't get enough of them.  If you are anything like me and hate dealing with raw chicken, this is the perfect dish for you.  The thighs go from package to pan to oven, no cutting necessary.  That, in my opinion, is culinary magic.

Maple-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes from The Good Housekeeping Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment