Saturday, June 25, 2011

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Decadence

I just pulled a pan of incredibly rich Double Delicious Cookie Bars out of the oven.  They are really for a family graduation party tomorrow, but Nick and I couldn't resist doing a taste test to see how they came out.  All I can say is YUM.  Double delicious is an accurate term for these devilish delights.  I don't know how the rest of my family will feel about them tomorrow, but they get an enthusiastic thumbs up from the two of us.

I got the recipe from the Hershey website, but I did make a few slight changes.  First, I used chocolate chunks in place of the chips because that was all I had.  I don't think this swap altered the flavor of the cookies much, if at all.  Second, I used a bag of all-natural peanut butter chips I picked up at Whole Foods because I like them better.  I find them to have a richer peanut butter flavor and a superior creamy texture compared to some others I've tried in the past.  This is just a preference and you could use whatever brand you prefer. Last, I skipped the chocolate drizzle simply because I ran out of chocolate.  It's a crime I know, but don't worry it's at the top of next week's grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment