Friday, June 3, 2011

Train Food, Part II - Black Raspberry Bars

So, I’m back from Ocean City. Finally. Trust me, I love going to the beach and I really didn’t want to leave, but the train was not my friend this time around. The whole trip home was a headache, but I did get an extra day off work out of the deal, so things could have been worse. And before we know it, we will be back down at the shore (36 days, not that I’m counting or anything).

For my trip home, my suitcase was a bit lighter since I no longer had the tin of La Verne's Black Raspberry Bars that I brought with me. What, you never packed dessert in your suitcase? Ok, I’m a little strange, I admit. Regardless, the bars were very yummy. I made them with Nick’s Grandpa’s homemade Black Raspberry Jam which made them even better. This is another recipe that would probably be good with other flavors of jam if you don’t have Black Raspberry. I found this recipe in the cookbook One Big Table by Molly O’Neill. (The full recipe can be found on the book’s Amazon product page, just scroll down to find it.) I can't speak for the rest of the book because this is the first recipe I made from it, but this one was a winner for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment