Monday, August 8, 2011

Another use for pesto

Just a quick post to share a family favorite that uses some more delicious summer pesto: Pesto Chicken Pizza from Health Magazine.

I never use commercial pesto because the one time I was craving pesto in mid-winter and decided to buy a jar, I found it way too salty and it had a bunch of questionable ingredients in it that just didn't seem like they belonged in pesto.  If you ask me, the real deal is easy enough to make and freeze to enjoy year-round. (See my original post here.)

Last week, my mom made this recipe for us and she used a large ciabatta loaf instead of the pizza crust. All she did was cut the loaf in half and then cut it again lengthwise.  I think I liked this variation even better than the original!

No comments:

Post a Comment