Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I can hardly believe it been almost two months since my last post!  With all the holiday festivities, I really haven't been making many new recipes.  For me, the holidays are more about family and tradition, so this time of year I usually make a bee-line for the tried & true.  But, now that the holidays are behind us and it's a fresh new year, I think I will be back to my usual self trying all kinds of new things. So here are a couple of my food & cooking related resolutions for 2012:

1. Try at least 50 new recipes - This will be even easier to do in combination with resolution #2...

2. Index my personal recipes & the cookbooks I am able to on EYB -  EYB stands for Eat Your Books, a fabulous website that is a search engine for cookbooks (and magazines, and blogs, and personal recipes). As a member, you add your cookbooks to your "Bookshelf" and then you can perform searches by title, ingredient, occasion, recipe type, etc. and get results from your personal collection. Many, many cookbooks and magazines (especially the popular ones) are indexed already.  If you have less popular books or magazines, you can request to index them yourself and have the information added to EYB's database. The more member-indexing I do, the more comprehensive my searches will be.  I hope one day to have 100% of my recipes on EYB. Any other cookbook lovers out there, check it out!

3. Take stock & use up pantry items that moved upstate with us - Nick and I packed up about 4 large bags full of non-perishable pantry foods and most of them are still sitting in those same bags.  I want to use them up before they linger around too much longer.  I'm thinking this resolution can go quite nicely with the other two: I can find new recipes (#1) on EYB (#2) to use up said pantry items (#3).

I think it would be fair to say that in 2012, I want to cook more, cook healthy (most of the time), enjoy food, family & friends, try new things, and discover some new favorite recipes - overall, not too much different from past years!

No comments:

Post a Comment