Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm in a Scottish State of Mind...

  Pin It

To say I am super excited about my upcoming trip to Scotland would be a vast understatement. Completely psyched would be a much better description. Since I am about to depart for the land of shortbread (apparently it's also the land of haggis, but I'm going to overlook that and stick with shortbread), I thought I'd bake a quick batch of those heavenly, buttery cookies (or biscuits as I believe they are called in the UK). While Nestle's Mini Morsel Shortbread Squares are not authentic, real-deal shortbread, they are quite delicious. And isn't it the thought that counts? They are very tasty with or without the chocolate topping, but this time I opted to skip it. I highly recommend this yummy recipe as well as Martha Stewart's Dried Cranberry Shortbread Hearts. If you have never made shortbread before, it requires a few simple ingredients and comes together in a snap. I'm hoping to return home with a more authentic recipe and who knows, I may even return to the states with a shortbread cookbook. I'm sure there are several people who would not be surprised by that one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment