Thursday, March 8, 2012

The "Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am forever on a quest for the so-called "perfect" chocolate chip cookie recipe. I am also forever hearing Nick's relentless requests for me to make him chocolate chip cookies. (I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until we had kids?!) Anyways, you can now see where today's recipe came from.  The other day, I stumbled upon a gorgeous new blog, The Baker Chick, and this recipe for "The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies" just seemed to be calling my name. 

The verdict? Soft, chewy, gooey deliciousness. The only thing I recommend to change is to skip the metal cooling racks. In my desperation to make sure these little babies did not overbake, I did as recommended and removed them from the baking sheets as soon as they would not fall apart. However, they still proceeded to partially ooze through the bottom of the metal racks. While they tasted fine, that first batch of cookies really lost their shape. For the second batch, I simply slid the parchment paper, cookies and all, off the baking sheets and onto the counter to finish cooling. Those ones were the picture of perfection.  And with that, my very first picture on this blog!


Doesn't that look yummy? 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment