Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Two Yummy Lunch Recipes

I've made two very successful recipes this past week I wanted to share.  

First, an incredibly delicious Spinach and Feta Hummus from What's Gaby Cooking.  This made for a delicious lunch with whole grain crackers and some fruit on the side. Just two quick notes: 

1. In my opinion, 1 tsp salt is more than enough since there are plenty of other salty ingredients in this recipe.
2. I also think 1 Tbsp of red pepper flakes is plenty, unless you like your hummus really spicy

The second recipe is Roasted Eggplant Salad with Smoked Almonds and Goat Cheese from The Kitchn.  My main reason for making this was to use up some smoked almonds in my pantry, but I must say it was surprisingly delicious. However, if I made it again, I think I would use cilantro instead of parsley, but that's just a personal preference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment