Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm probably the only person you know who does this...

Bake on vacation. I cook too, but for today I'll just talk about baking.

I packed lightly for my trip to Ocean City (NJ, not MD people!) because part of the way I was traveling by train. I didn't exactly have room in my luggage for baked goods, and Lord knows this side of the family loves their baked goods, so we picked up a few things at the store and I baked two different bar cookies. We had just one requirement: whatever I made needed to be easily packed in a cooler to be eaten on the beach. No problem.

First up was a batch of Snickerdoodle Blondies from The Baker Chick. These truly are snickerdoodle cookies in bar form. YUM.


Second was a batch of Chocolate Crumb Bars from Nestle. Super rich, chocolate deliciousness. My Grandma declared them "wicked" -- I think she was right!


A house by the beach, sea, sand, surf, family, & some old-fashioned home cooking -- it doesn't get much better than that :)

2 comments:

  1. There you go making good stuff when I can't have it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry baby :( I guess the only thing that would make them better was if you were here to share them with! But admit it -- if I made these at home, you would probably say you want chocolate chip cookies instead!

    ReplyDelete