Saturday, May 12, 2012

Two More Lunch Recipes

I've been short on time lately, so trying new recipes has been bumped down on the priority list (temporarily of course).  I haven't been able to tweak or experiment much, so I'm just going to share a couple of links and thoughts with everyone.

First off we have Roasted Carrot Hummus from Camilla Saulsbury's blog Enlightened Cooking. This was a really delicious chickpea-less take on hummus. Out of habit, I definitely used more olive oil than called for and consequently felt the need to skip the milk since I could tell the resulting hummus would have been too thin and loose. I'd imagine if you followed her instructions, you would not have this problem! 

On a side note, I'm also a HUGE fan of Camilla's cookbooks and she has graciously offered me a copy of her new cookbook to review when it comes out! The title is 500 Best Quinoa Recipes: Using Nature's Superfood for Gluten-Free Breakfasts, Mains, Desserts and More. According to Amazon, it's slated for publication 8/28. Quinoa might seem like a funny thing to get excited about, but I really do enjoy eating it and Camilla's recipes have not failed me yet! I can't wait to get my hands on this one, but in the meantime, definitely check out her blog -- she's got lots of great recipes in the archives. And while you're at it, check out some of her other books too, they are all excellent.

Now on to the second recipe -- Cilantro Lime Hummus from How Sweet it Is.  Cilantro and I started off on the wrong foot, but now I can't get enough of it! Consequently, I followed this recipe to a 'T' except for the part where I doubled it so I could add an entire large bunch of cilantro instead of a measly 1/2 cup. Trust me, if you like cilantro, this was the right call!

No comments:

Post a Comment